Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used 96% lean)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked wholegrain or regular elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- ½ teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: grated cheese; parsley
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain off the fat, and add remaining ingredients to the skillet.
- Stir to combine, bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes (or until it reaches your desired thickness). Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with cheese and parsley, if desired.